Summary of Position
Overall duties and responsibilities are teaching all assigned TXDOT classes and laboratory activities in a professional manner and assisting the Department Chair in ensuring that the TXDOT Courses are of the highest quality and reflect current technologyMinimum Required Education
High school diploma and five years full time wage earning experience within the welding career field, exclusive of teaching, OR Associates Degree and 3 years full time wage earning experience in welding career field, exclusive of teaching.Minimum Required Experience
Five years full time wage earning experience within the welding career field, exclusive of teaching, with High School Diploma OR Associates Degree and 3 years full time wage earning experience in welding career field, exclusive of teaching.Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledgeable in and be able to perform all tasks related to the Welding Industry to include the following: shop-safety, OSHA and HAZMAT requirements, oxy-acetylene welding and flame cutting, soldering and brazing, shielded metal arc welding in all positions, GMAW and GTAW (MIG and TIG) welding, pipe welding in all positions, blueprint reading, templet preparation and welding, fabrication, and layout procedures using different types of metals, welding electrodes and fillers, be AWS 6G certified and able to teach bridge welding certification course.
• Knowledge of the Welding education process, must possess teaching skills, and be able to teach the programs mentioned above. Must be able to perform the following tasks: curriculum development and evaluation, program/course development and evaluation, and perform technical writing.
• Possess management skills to include: Welding classes and TX DOT records.
• Able to perform repairs and periodic maintenance on equipment assigned to the Welding TX DOT Contract.
• Possess a valid Texas driver’s license and be willing to travel.
• Possess a pleasant personality and be able to work with people. Must be highly motivated and able to work with limited supervision. Must be fair and impartial when working with students and TX DOT staff.
• Communicate in the English Language (Read, Write, Speak), able to explain enrollment procedures programs/course content in a manner that potential students can understand, able to write legibly, some counseling ability, be able to speak to groups.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...